How big is your home?
It’s all about context……….
I don’t mean the size of your apartment or house.
I mean the size of the physical space and time of your own individual life.
I am talking about context.
A small child has a context of Mama, Papa and his home.
But over time our life grows and expands, to include friends, school, and much more.
So how big is your home?
How large is it really?
Let’s consider some options:
- Your own home with Mama and Papa
- Your city
- The national context of your country?
- Internationally, including more countries?
- Globally for the whole planet?
- Cosmically including the whole universe (a scientific context)?
Let’s also think about time.
How big is your sense of time?
- Just today?
- Up till New Year’s Day 2016?
- Next year?
- The next ten years?
- The life of modern Homo Sapiens (“wise human”) of 200,000 years?
- The scientifically proven age of our universe (13.8 billion years)?
If we think and feel small, then every wave rocks our boat.
Then every wave feels so big.
So every feeling, every idea, every new information shakes us.
Happy, sad, happy, sad, happy, sad……..
Small contexts are really okay, and are of course very important.
But bigger contexts give us more ROOM.
More room makes all change less stressful.
Then we can relax.
So choose your context carefully.